Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Stella McCartney A/W 09 (Paris Fashion Week)





Stella McCartney´s AW09-Collection was shown in Paris last week. As many of you know, it is one of my favorite brands, as well as previously working there - seeing the ropes and work behind the dynamic fashion house. 

With that, it goes to say I am "loyal" to the brand, as well as off course, loving the designs. Although, I must say, this fall collection took me a bit by surprise. Previously, the collections have always had a "flow" and serenity by them - but this collection was something quite different then before. Stella has always had a wide mixture of materials, as well as contrast of colors, and the combination of femininity with masculinity - with her signature tailored suit jackets. This year - the mixture of styles and colors, are a bit too "messy" and broad, I think. 

The collection starts out good with soft/block colors and graphic patterns, but it evolves into too many "genres" and styles - with 20´s lace dresses, urban chic, 80´s shimmer & felted wool dresses. Don´t get me wrong - I still love piece-by-piece, but as an overall collection, I am not as impressed (as I usually - always am).

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment